My Blog Followers

Monday 20 December 2010

Merry Christmas Teacher

Hello, hope you are all keeping cozy and snug if it's cold where you are at the moment! It's freezing here in the Midlands so lot's of craft time I think! 
Here are 2 cards I have made for Harvey's Teachers and I think they turned out really cute. 
This one I went for a more traditional look using reds, greens and Golds and the old fashioned pic of Saint Nick himself!
For my second card I wanted a more modern contemporary look so I used purples, silver and blue and really like the look of this one. The birds are cut out from an old DCWV mat stack sorry I can't remember the name. I then punched out some silver branches using my Ms branch punch and added them around the frame.
I have used the 'Merry Christmas Teacher huge circle set available here from The Cutting Cafe' on both cards. I also used the largest scalloped circle nesties for the base of the cards.
I am entering  one or both of these cards into the following challenges:
Hugs

16 comments:

Lou Mac said...

Two gorgeous cards, I love the colours on the contemporary one, and Santas face is just sooo cute!! Nice job.

Thanks for joining us over at Lexi's Creations - good luck in the challenges.

Lou. xo

DonnaMundinger said...

Hey Hon! sorry I've been MIA but I've been thinkin' about you. Had a bit of time to catch up on your gorgeous creations. BOTH of these cards are just magical. If for some reason I don't make it back before, have a wonderful Christmas! Big hugs, xxD

Debs said...

Two gorgeous cards - but I think my fav is the traditional one - love the berries.
Thanks for playing along at Lexi's Creations.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Carole Beath said...

Magical, indeed. These are wonderful cards...each one has it's own personality with the papers and design.
Have a wonderful Christmas, Lana.
Hugs from Arizona
Carole

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

I love circular cards!!! The birds are pretty too!

Thanks so much for sharing your work with us at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Riet said...

What a gorgeous cards.

Hugs Riet.x

Emily Leiphart said...

Such stunning teacher cards, Lana! They look like ornaments! All the teachers must want to teach your boys to receive cards like this. LOL

Cindy Haffner said...

Lana your designs are GORGEOUS!!

Regina Easter said...

oh my lana, these are FANTASTIC....i love how you did the scallop to...hugs

Vee said...

These are beautiful Christmas designs. Thanks for joining our challenge this week at Top Tip Tuesday.
xx Vee

Becky G said...

Lana, these are both gorgeous! Great job on both of them! Hope you and yours have a Happy Holiday season!

Lori said...

Both cards are wonderful! Have a Merry Christmas!

Tasha said...

Wowzer Lana these are so stunning! Gorgeous designs and fabulous use of colour
love tasha xx

~JulieH~ said...

Oh these are gorgeous Lana, two very different cards, both Fabulous!
Wishing You, hubby Owen, Harvey and Little Bean the most wonderful Christmas!
Big Hugs
Julie & Connorxxx

Mina said...

fabulous cards Lana, I bet the teachers loved them...thanks for joining in with the Bunny Zoe's Crafts monthly challenge and have a very Happy New Year
Mina xxx

Hobby Musician Keyboard said...

Dear Lana;

I Just arrived at you blog. Oh my, do I love your art and creative mind! I'll be watching this blog closely, thank you for giving us so much of your time and mind.
Hugs from Marina

Please visit my kreative Blog too and enjoy!