My Blog Followers

Sunday, 7 November 2010

Felt Mitten Decoration

Hello!
I'm so pleased with this little Christmas felt Mitten I've made and I was surprised at how quick and easy it was to put together.
  I found the tutorial on the wonderfully talented Beate's blog Fresh & Fun.  The tutorial's I've seen all use the nested mitten nestabilities but I don't have these however I do have a Mitten shaped card template which you can purchase from The Cutting Cafe'.  I basically just used the top layer and
 sized the mitten,  duplicated it,  flipped it then printed it off. I then attached the templates to some felt using masking tape and followed Beate's tutorial which you can find here.
I've now had a go at hand sewing and can do the button hole stitch! I just used normal sewing thread instead of embroidery thread but will be purchasing some very soon.
Now the little rolled flower was made using organza ribbon and I'm going to do a little tutorial at some point this week ;0)
I'm super pleased with the little picture embellishments and will be making more for sure. I just got a couple of pics from the internet sized them, printed them off and then added some 3D gloss! I then just made a little hole at the top to add my thread.
I hope you like this decoration I will be making some more so watch this space ;0)
I have entered this into the following challenges:
A Spoonful of Sugar -  Relish To Embelish
Quixotic - Christmas is Coming 
Wild Orchid Crafts - Classic Christmas
Hugs

13 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Lana, I think it turned out so cute.

~Jeri~ said...

oh Lana this is soooo cute! You done an awesome job!! I will definitely be making note of these and "Case'n" them for my tree!! I have lots of felt that I didn't know what to do with..problem solved!!

*Vicki* said...

Wow girl!! This is stunning!! I love your gorgeous flower and all the pretty details you've added!! HUGS

Bouncy, Flouncy, Fun,Fun, Fun said...

This is amazing, Lana! Love that cute felt mitten but that rose and the vintage images are the best!!!

Crayola58 said...

Lana, the mitten came out so so cute and that Rose rocks it.
Carole

bonnie said...

Oh I love mittens...so cute, love all the details sweetie too...this wil loof fabulous on your tree x

mickeydee said...

So pretty! I love it! The flower is so beautiful.

Beate said...

Lana, your mitten ornament is BEAUTIFUL! Love it!
Hugs and smiles

Emily Leiphart said...

This is so sweet, Lana! I love the lace edge, the rolled flower and the little ornaments!

Stacy Simpson said...

Awesome - too cute!

Regina Easter said...

hey lana girlie...I thought I had commented on this awesome awesome little mitten...this is the cutest ever...hugs

Lori said...

Lana, this is darling...love the felt and the vintage images!

DonnaMundinger said...

so warm and cozy! Love how you embellished it! xxD